approximate aggregate query processing olap
SmartDataLake-D2.2-Data synopses for approximate analytics
1.1. Approximate query processing for big data analytics Online analytical processing (OLAP) is today offered by all commercial database systems. Users can exploit OLAP either through direct SQL queries (cubes, slicing and dicing, etc.) or through third-party software that uses a data management system for accessing the data. It is a core
Approximate Query Processing Using Wavelets
Second, for a non-aggregate query, execution over ran- ... queries (i.e., range-sums)over a single OLAP table. Thus, the problem of whether wavelets can provide a solid foun- ... approximate query processing that operates directly over the wavelet-coefﬁcient synopses of relations, while guaran-
Metadata for Approximate Query Answering Systems
· Data synopses are then used in the approximate query processing, whose aim is to perform traditional OLAP based on approximate answers. Approximate processing is able to provide fast answers to complex (and usually aggregate) queries that would normally require high computational time to produce the exact answers.
Evaluation of Top-k OLAP Queries Using Aggregate R–trees
ward method to evaluate a top-k OLAP query is to compute the aggregate value for each group and then select the groups with the highest aggregates. In this paper, we study the integration of the top-k operator with the aggregate query processing module. …
What is OLAP? | Database.Guide
· OLAP on the other hand, is usually concerned with complex aggregate queries across large data sets (such as querying all customers'' bank accounts). Populating an OLAP Database. OLAP databases are usually populated via batch query. That is, all data is inserted at the same time.
Accuracy Vs Lifetime: Linear Sketches for Appoximate ...
carried toward (aggregate) query processing in sensor networks [20,21,23]. The common approach to ... cal Processing (OLAP) and is the approach taken in the AQUA project  for query processing over data ... the sensor data that can be used to answer approximate aggregate range queries.
AQP++: Connecting Approximate Query Processing With ...
In the past, the database community has proposed two separate ideas, sampling-based approximate query processing (AQP) and aggregate precomputation (AggPre) such as data cubes, to address this challenge. In this paper, we argue for the need to connect these two separate ideas for …
Processing complex aggregate queries over data streams ...
Processing complex aggregate queries over data streams. ... and K. Shim. "Approximate Query Processing Using Wavelets". In Proc. of the 26th Intl. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, September 2000. Google Scholar Digital Library; S. Chaudhuri and U. Dayal. "An Overview of Data Warehousing and OLAP Technology". ACM SIGMOD Record, 26(1), March 1997. ...
Compressed data cube for approximate OLAP query processing ...
Approximate query processing has emerged as an approach to dealing with the huge data volume and complex queries in the environment of data warehouse. In this paper, we present a novel method that provides approximate answers to OLAP queries. Our method is based on building a compressed (approximate) data cube by a clustering technique and using this compressed data cube to provide …
PolyFit: Polynomial-based Indexing Approach for Fast ...
aggregate queries are used in OLAP [ 38,69 ] and data analytics applications, e.g., for outlier detection [ 72,74 ], data visualization ... ( PolyFit ) for processing approximate range aggregate queries. Our contributions are summarized as follows. To the best of our knowledge, this is the rst study that
An Approximate Query Answering Method using a Knowledge ...
· "New Sampling-Based Summary Statistics for Improving Approximate Query Answers," Proceeding of the 1998 ACM Int. Conf. on Management of Data, pp. 331-342, 1998. V. Poosala et al., "Fast approximate answers to aggregate queries on a data cube," Eleventh International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management, pp.24-33, 1999.
Aggregate Queries, Progressive Approximate | SpringerLink
· Progressive Approximate Aggregate Queries Online Aggregation On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) Traversal Policy Query Region These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords …
Answering approximate range aggregate queries on OLAP data ...
Approximate range aggregate queries are one of the most frequent and useful kinds of queries for Decision Support Systems (DSS). Traditionally, sampling-based techniques have been proposed to tackle this problem. ... Answering approximate range aggregate queries on OLAP data cubes with probabilistic guarantees. Download.
Evaluation of Approximate Query Processing Systems
consists in using a sample of the total data and processing queries with those sampled data. The results of the approximate answer are better as more data is available and, if have time for the continue the processing the data converges for an exact answer . The AQP is designed for aggregate queries such as using the
When Should Approximate Query Processing Be Used?
· This is a guest repost by Barzan Mozafari, an assistant professor at University of Michigan and an advisor to a new startup, snappydata.io, that recently launched an open source OLTP + OLAP Database built on Spark.. The growing market for Big Data has created a lot of interest around approximate query processing (AQP) as a means of achieving interactive response times (e.g., sub …
Approximate Query Processing – Where do we go from here ...
· The pre-computation based approximate query processing techniques enable us to accelerate OLAP queries that if executed in the traditional way, would require significantly more resources or would take a long time (sometimes by an order of magnitude) because of …
REGULAR PAPER Jian Pei Ke Wang Answering ad hoc …
Data warehousing and online analytic processing (OLAP) are essential facilities for many data analysis tasks and applications. Given a multidimensional base ta-ble, a data warehouse materializes a large set of aggregates from the table. By proper indexes in a data warehouse, various aggregate queries (OLAP queries) can be answered online.
Approximate range---sum query answering on data cubes with ...
Approximate range aggregate queries are one of the most frequent and useful kinds of queries for Decision Support Systems (DSS), as they are widely used in many data analysis tasks. Traditionally, ...
A Probabilistic Model for Data Cube Compression and Query ...
Fast approximate evaluation of OLAP queries for integrated statistical data. In Proceedings of the First National Conference on Digital Government Research, 2001. B. Babcock, S. Chaudhuri, and G. Das. Dynamic sample selection for approximate query processing.
Models and Techniques for Approximate Queries in OLAP ...
Models and Techniques for Approximate Queries in OLAP: 10.4018/978-1-60566-026-4 425: Since the size of the underlying data warehouse server (DWS) is usually very large, response time needed for computing queries is the main issue in decision
ICICLES: Self-tuning Samples for Approximate Query …
analytic processing (OLAP) systems for decision support. The goal of these systems is to provide interactive response times to aggregate queries. However, very large database sizes may not allow true interactivity despite careful design and development of an OLAP system. Approximate query answering (AQUA) systems are be-
SPATIAL OLAP QUERY ENGINE: PROCESSING AGGREGATE …
OLAP in exactly same ways as we, database researchers, do. This thesis introduces a MOLAP based spatial OLAP framework and efficient spatial OLAP query processing strategies on the framework. A spatial OLAP query typically requests aggregate information about the non-spatial aspects of the spatial objects inside the query window the user has drawn.
Optimized Stratiﬁed Sampling for Approximate Query …
cessing (OLAP) and data mining, for analyzing large databases have become popular. A common characteristic of these applications is that they execute ... the aggregate column can lead to large relative errors. ... to tune the choice of sample so that approximate query processing using the sample is effective, not only for workloads identical to ...
Compressed Data Cubes for OLAP Aggregate Query ...
OLAP, data cubes, clustering, density estimation, approximate query answering, data mining. 1. INTRODUCTION There has been much work on answering multi-dimensional aggregate queries efficiently, for example the data cube operator . OLAP systems perform queries fast by pre-computing all or part of the data cube .
A Robust, Optimization-Based Approach for Approximate ...
A Robust, Optimization-Based Approach for Approximate Answering of Aggregate Queries. Written By. SurajitChaudhuri, Gautam Das, VivekMarasayya (Microsoft Research, Washington) ... OLAP:- Online analytical processing is an approach to quickly answer multi-dimensional analytical queries using OLAP …
ML-AQP: Query-Driven Approximate Query Processing based on ...
· ML-AQP: Query-Driven Approximate Query Processing based on Machine Learning. ... Overall, with this representation we are able to support a large fraction of the aggregate queries commonly in an OLAP setting, from simple multi-predicate aggregation queries to queries that include JOINs and GROUP-BYs.
Approximate Query Processing: Overview and Challenges
Approximate Query Processing (APQ) Data Synopsis Data stream Query Query Exact answer (slow) Approx. answer ... OLAP Workloads TPC-H TPC-DS Facebook Conviva Inc. Customer System ABM  QuickR  ... § Arbitrary SQL aggregate queries – Subqueries: …
Congressional Samples for Approximate Answering of …
line analytical processing (OLAP) applications, analyze ... These approximate query answering systems give fast responses by running the queries on some form of summary statistics of the database, such as samples, ... groups and derive some aggregate information for these groups. This is typically done in SQL using the group
Aqua: A Fast Decision Support System Using Approximate ...
CiteSeerX - Document Details (Isaac Councill, Lee Giles, Pradeep Teregowda): Aqua is a system for providing fast, approximate answers to aggregate queries, which are very common in OLAP applications. It has been designed to run on top of any commercial relational DBMS. Aqua precomputes synopses (special statistical summaries) of the original data and stores them in the DBMS.
The Case for Online Aggregation
aggregate is passed to the output, along with statistical information as to its probable accuracy. The stopping condition is specified before query processing begins, and can be either a statistical constraint (e.g. "get within 2% of the actual answer with 95% probability") …
INCORPORATING AGGREGATE QUERIES IN INTERACTIVE ...
Approximate aggregate answering has been extensively studied in the database literature using a variety of approaches (Sampling , Histogram-based techniques [7, 8], Wavelets [4, 5]). Most of this work has been inspired by the On-line Analytical Processing (OLAP) domain, which mainly involves business-oriented data that differ
K.Seetha Devi et al IJCSET |October 2011 | Vol 1, Issue 9 ...
yields a compact data cube and provide approximate answers to any range aggregate query from these summaries. The aggregate measures obtained are then analyzed at the query node to determine the skewed nature of the data that is distributed across the network, such as the variance in the degrees of individual nodes in the P2P graph and so on.
Approximate Query Answering on Multi-dimensional Data
Approximate Query Answering ... mon in the context of On-line Analytical Processing (OLAP), for supporting ... mate answers to aggregate queries consists in summarizing data into compact structures, and issuing range queries over summary data, rather than over detailed ones. Following this approach, some approximation is introduced in
Top-k Queries in Uncertain OLAP
Keywords: data warehouse, OLAP, top-k, query processing. 1 Introduction OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)  is a data warehouse model widely used in industry. Recently, this model has been extended to work with uncertain and imprecise data [3, 13, 15]. In OLAP, top-k query is the most dominating type of query. Although the semantics of top ...
Approximate Query Processing: No Silver Bullet
cision support queries and ask ourselves how approximate query processing may be of value. These two issues are brieﬂy discussed in Section5. 2. QUERY-TIME SAMPLING In query-time sampling, the user explicitly speciﬁes sampler op-erations in the query. The syntax from the SQL:2008 standard lets a
Approximate Query Processing in Decision Support System ...
Key-Words: - Aggregate queries, Approximate query answering, Data warehouses, Multidimensional data distribution, OLAP applications. 1 Introduction Approximate query processing is an investigation area of increasing interest. Classically, the database community was interested in the description of data
- rocks tha200 tph ave gold
- impurities in bauxite in alminium extraction
- alunite minerals
- bullat jaw rock crusher nasik india
- humphreys spiral concentrator
- maifan stone four roll crusher
- conveyor belt manufacturers usa
- extec crushers qi
- how to have a correct exploration of a mine
- baldor industrial hp pedestal grinder
- jaw crusher pef jiang nanchang
- handling plant introductioncoal
- blue metal quarry in srilanka
- ararat gold factory
- conveyor technology schade machines conveying sulphur prills conveyor systems
- crusher machine uaemex
- cameroon gold perocessing plant
- dry fog crushers
- hosphate rock beneficiation machine
- important usage of crawler crusher in nigeria
- buy gold welcome
- adani mining private limited
- construction waste crushing station offer
- crusher machine in karachi gravel
- dsga dimension stone quarries
- mm aggregates suppliers in bangalore
- what are the artificial mechanism sand equipment
- http my crusher org products crush single roll crusher html
- gold production machinery